Heart of Cuba Photography Tour
A photographic excursion into the heartland of Cuba
“You balanced out the group and individual gatherings so we could each have unique experiences. I can hardly wait to go back and see other areas of Cuba.” "Tonk" Fischer, Salem, Ore.
Join Steve for a special Cuba photography workshop experience photographing the rural and colonial culture found on the southern coast of Cuba. He will take you on an excursion to photograph the French settler’s port of Cienfuegos and the colonial grandeur of Trinidad, and historic Santa Clara.
Founded in 1819 by the French, Cienfuegos is a calm and inviting port town known as La Perla del Sur (the Southern Pearl). The legendary Cuban musician Beny Moré is from Cienfuegos Province.
Limited to 12 participants
Participants who have been on previous workshops will receive a discount.
Trinidad is one of the finest colonial towns in the Americas with cobblestone streets, pastel-colored 18th and 19th-century houses, palaces, and plazas. Magically frozen in time the city has streets that are still populated by horse-drawn carts. Old folk still crouch by windows with elegant wrought-iron grilles, to peer out at passerby.
The Heart of Cuba is an unforgettable photographic exploration of this Caribbean treasure and its welcoming people.
• Accommodations in Cuba
• All breakfasts at the casa in Cuba
• Welcome and Farewell dinners
• Air-conditioned transport outside Havana
• Photographic instruction provided by Steve Anchell and Cuban photographers
• Airfare to Cuba is not included. Cuban health insurance is provided by the airlines as mandated by Cuban law.
• The required Cuban visa is available at your international departure airline ticket counter. The price varies depending on the airline.
• Alcoholic beverages
• Activities outside the workshop
• All meals except those noted
True to the requirements of a General License for Support for the Cuban People, The Heart of Cuba Photography Tour offers a full-time schedule of meaningful interactions with the Cuban people that promotes independent activity and records their amazing lives with our cameras.
All participants must have been vaccinated for COVID-19. Masks may be required depending on current CDC guidelines.
View Workshop Payment, Refund, Withdrawal, and Transfer Policies.